Teaching Recognition Program
UIC’s Self-Nominated, Faculty-Administered Teaching Award
The Teaching Recognition Program (TRP) recognizes the documented excellence of UIC faculty in their teaching activities. The program offers a $1500 increment to base salary (or a percentage thereof for part-time appointments) to faculty who document outstanding performance in their teaching activities over a three year period.
TRP Quick Facts
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 4:30 P.M. Monday, November 10, 2014.
- The TRP is a self-nominated award program.
- The TRP is open to tenured, tenure-track, and clinical faculty as well as lecturers, instructors, and adjunct faculty who have teaching appointments of greater than 49% and have been teaching at UIC for at least three years.
- Faculty selected to receive the TRP award receive a $1500 increment to annual base salary. This increase is permanent.
- The TRP requires three years of documented teaching excellence.
- Up to 20 faculty per year can receive the TRP award.
- Typically, CETL receives 30-45 applications per year for the TRP.